Forum Topic

CYCLING 75 MILES...

... TO BEAT BLOOD CANCER On 1 April 2010, my son Jake was diagnosed with leukaemia. He was 20 years old. And suddenly the world went very dark indeed.    Even though he’s now in remission, 30,000 people every year in the UK get the same heart-stopping news. And go to that same dark place. That’s one person every 17 minutes. And I simply can’t just stand by and let that happen without trying to do something about it.  For the last two years, I’ve ridden the 52-mile London Bikeathon to raise as much money as possible for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. In that time, some amazingly generous people have helped me raise more than £4,500.  But knowing the nightmare that engulfed my boy for so long – and the dreadful pain he endured while he fought both the illness and the effects of the treatment – means that I can do nothing less than continue to ride against this truly awful disease.And this year I’m going the extra mile – well an extra 23 miles actually – by taking on the 75-mile Box Hill Endurance challenge. It takes place on 16 September and includes part of the Olympic cycling route. And Box Hill. A walk in the park it ain’t…These are difficult and uncertain times, but if any of you can donate even just a few pounds by going to http://www.justgiving.com/PaulHigham3 I’d be very grateful. OR DONATE BY TEXT It's really easy to donate by text too. And it's free! Just use the code JMGH55 and add the amount, then text to 70070 Please help us fight back. Help us beat this insidious, brutal and heart-breaking disease. Thank you so much And please forward this email to anyone you think might want to help. The more people who know about it, the better!Paul Higham(Goldsmith Avenue, Acton)

Paul Higham ● 4310d0 Comments