Greg Hands lends support for new Fulham school in latest bulletin
It's been another hectic week for Chelsea and Fulham MP Greg Hands, who reports in his latest e-bulletin that since the last edition he has:
- Welcomed the Kensington & Chelsea Borough Police Commander, Chief Superintendant Jason Gwillim, to the House of Commons for an update on policing in the Royal Borough, and for discussions on police reform and the recent London riots.
- · Met local Fulham parents who are trying to set up a new Boys’ Church of England Secondary School in Fulham (a new “Free School”, taking advantage of Government reforms). Greg has had frequent meetings with the group over the last year, and is strongly supportive of their proposal.
- · Held talks with DCLG representatives and local residents groups the Fulham Society and the Kings Road Association of Chelsea Residents (KRACR) on the subject of unacceptably large and inconsiderate basement developments in Cheslea & Fulham. The Government is examining the issue closely.
- · Was interviewed by the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle and the Kensington & Chelsea Informer about Greg’s new role as a Government Minister.
- · Was guest speaker at the Kensington, Chelsea & Fulham Conservative Policy Forum (CPF) at the Conservative office, Chelsea Manor Street.
- · Welcomed representatives of London’s Serbian community to the House of Commons to discuss holding an event in Parliament next year showcasing the community in the Olympic year.
- · Was guest of honour at the London Conservative Future Young Professionals event at ChinaWhite, central London, raising money for the East African famine.
- · Conducted a surgery for local Chelsea and Fulham residents at Fulham Town Hall. Greg’s surgeries are generally weekly, and held weekly, at either Fulham Town Hall or Peter Jones, Sloane Square. To make an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7219 5448.