Greg Hands tells all in his latest news bulletin
October is proving a busy month for Greg Hands, MP for Chelsea and Fulham, from defending Liam Fox on TV to presenting medals to small ballet dancers.
In his latest news bulletin he reveals he has:
- · Appeared on BBC Breakfast TV, Sky News, the BBC Radio 4 Today programme and the BBC News Channel on behalf of the Conservative Party to discuss the allegations surrounding Dr Liam Fox.
- · Visited Chelsea social housing estates with officers of the Kensington & Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation, including Elm Park Gardens, the Cremorne and World’s End Estates, Pond House, Chelsea Manor Court and Wiltshire Close.
- · Presented the certificates and medals for attainment by girls and boys at the First Steps Dance Academy, Lillie Road, Fulham. For more, see below.
- · Met representatives of various Chelsea residents associations to hear their concerns over subterranean developments in the Borough. Greg has taken a strong interest in these issues, and will be pursuing them further.
- · Provided the Vote of Thanks for guest speaker Rt Hon George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, at the annual dinner of the Kensington, Chelsea and Fulham Conservative Association.
- · Chaired a seminar in Parliament on prospects for the Taiwan economy and how UK companies can enter the Chinese market through Taiwan. 5 speakers were on the panel, including Taiwan’s Deputy Minister for Economic Affairs.
- · Attended a meeting of the Taxpayers’ Alliance to discuss the UK economy.
- · Spoke out in the House of Commons to defend Defence Secretary Dr Liam Fox’s pursuit of improving security in South Asia. For more, see below.
- · Met in London the German Deputy Finance Minister Steffen Kampeter MdB to learn more about German approaches to the Eurozone.
- · Welcomed local Fulham filmmakers from Studio Eight Productions to discuss the environment for film production in the UK.
- · Met the Czech Foreign Minister, H.E. Karel Schwarzenberg, for discussions with various UK politicians on developments in the Czech Republic. Greg is the Chairman of the All-Party Czech and Slovak Group in Parliament.
- · Welcomed a group of human rights activists from the Central Asian republic of Turkmenistan to discuss the worsening human rights situation in that country.
- · Conducted a surgery for local Chelsea and Fulham residents at Fulham Town Hall. Greg’s surgeries are generally weekly, and held weekly, at either Fulham Town Hall or Peter Jones, Sloane Square. To make an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7219 5448.
Photo News - Greg with young ballet dancers at First Steps Academy in Lillie Road, where he handed out medals and certificates to boys and girls who had successfully completed their ballet examinations.
You can read Greg's regular bulletins in full on his website.
October 19, 2011