Fulham Centre for Health Now Open
Related Links

Charing Cross Hospital

Charing Cross Launches 24/7 Health Clinic

Peter Snow Opens New Ward at Charing Cross

Participate

Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

24 hour walk-in clinic streamlines services

The Fulham Centre for Health is now up and running at Charing Cross Hospital.

The centre,which is designed to cut waiting times and streamline emergency service, was formally opened on January 19.

Patients arriving at Accident and Emergency In Fulham Palace Road who have all but the most serious conditions now arrive at the new 24 hour walk-in clinic first and are assessed by GPs and specialist nurses who decide on the best treatment for them.

Partnership for Health joint medical director Dr Tim Ladbrooke says the 'streamlining' of patients frees up specialists to focus on life-threatening cases - as well as reducing patient waiting times.

"The vast majority of people are seen and dealt with within two hours," he says. "About 85 per cent of walk-in patients are dealt with by GPs and clinical nurses, and then the other 15 per cent - the most serious cases - go straight to A&E."

The new centre also acts as a normal GP surgery, with appointments available for registered patients between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week.

Partnership for Health head of operations Adam Duncan said: "While we are happy to see walk-in patients it is better for them if they are registered so we can offer them long-term care and they can access a wider range of services."

The polyclinic includes 14 consulting rooms and two waiting rooms, one of which is used for overspill of patients from the main reception waiting area.

The new polyclinic follows the opening of the Hammersmith Centre for Health at Hammersmith Hospital last April.

January 27, 2010