Greg Hands share his busy schedule in latest newsletter
Chelsea and Fulham MP Greg Hands has opened his diary for July in his latest e-newsletter. He has recently:
- Attended the charity fundraiser of the Royal Brompton Hospital foundation, held at the Chelsea Physic Garden. The hospital has been given a reprieve by Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt, after the Safe and Sustainable review threatened to close children’s heart surgery at the Royal Brompton.
- Met, together with local residents, the developers of the proposed Hurlingham Retail Park development to the immediate west of Wandsworth Bridge. Greg is concerned by the height and the density of this proposed development.
- Visited local Fulham entrepreneurs who run Patrona Luggage Limited. Patrona has benefitted from Coalition Government support for entrepreneurs, such as the EIS and SEIS schemes, and National Insurance taxbreaks.
- Attended the summer garden party of the Old Church Street Residents Association, Chelsea, held at the Chelsea Arts Club.
- Led a team of enthusiastic Conservative canvassers in Fulham Reach ward, campaigning to re-elect a Conservative Council in Hammersmith & Fulham in May 2014. To get involved, please contact Greg.
- Welcomed a delegation of South Korean parliamentarians to the House of Commons. For photo, see below.
- Attended the summer garden party of the Queen’s Club Gardens Residents Association. For photos, see below.
Attended the Prime Minister’s summer reception for Conservative MPs, held at 10, Downing Street.
- Welcomed the Government and Opposition Whips from the Sierra Leonean parliament for discussions through the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association on how to improve the management of parliamentary business in Freetown.
- Had a full schedule of activity as a Government Whip in and around the chamber of the House of Commons, including ministerial meetings and organising votes and standing committees, including the 2013 Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill.
- Conducted a surgery for local Chelsea and Fulham residents at Fulham Methodist Church. Greg’s surgeries are generally weekly, at either Fulham Methodist Church, Fulham Broadway, or Peter Jones, Sloane Square. To make an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7219 5448
You can read Greg's newsletter in full on his website.
July 18, 2013