|Five Fun Things to do in Fulham This Week|
Make the most of what's left of 2009
Don't hibernate in front of the TV - get out and about in SW6 during this week before New Year. Here are some great things to do in Fulham in the rest of 2009!
1) Catch Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law in Sherlock Holmes, showing every day at the Vue Cinema on Fulham Broadway, then take a walk through Brompton Cemetery and check out the location of one of the movie's key scenes.
2) Start that New Year Resolution early and go for a healthy swim at Fulham Pools, open from 6am every day this week, except for New Year's Day.
3) Don't leave those unwanted gifts lying around gathering dust - take them straight to one of our local charity shops.
4) Join a tour of Chelsea Stadium, taking place Tuesday and Wednesday every 20 minutes between 11am and 3pm and Thursday at 11am, 1pm and 2pm. There are also Trivia Tours, suitable for 7 to 11 year-olds on Tuesday December 29 and Stamford the Lion tours, recommended for under eight year-olds on Wednesday December 30.
5) Wrap up warmly and explore some of Fulham's lesser known green spaces - the small park at Brompton Park Crescent in Seagrave Road, our newest riverside park at Imperial Wharf, and two historic cemeteries, the 13 acre Fulham Cemetery off Fulham Palace Road and the 17 acre Margravine Cemetery in Barons Court, both containing interesting memorials and a wide variety of trees and wildlife.
December 28, 2010