Fulham Flat Fire 'Caused by Candle'

Man and woman rescued from secondfloor of block on Park Street

Related Links

Fulham Flat Fire 'Caused by Candle'

London Fire Brigade

Jerdan Place Salon "Back in Business"

Participate

Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the


A man and a woman were rescued from a flat fire in Fulham early this morning (20th January 2015).

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus helped the couple escape from a blaze on the second floor of a block of flats on Park Street.

Both were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by the London Ambulance Service.

A small area of one bedroom was damaged by fire. The fire is believed to be caused by a candle left unattended.

Fire engines from Fulham, Wandsworth and Chelsea fire stations attended the incident.

The Brigade was called at 6.44am and the fire was under control just over half an hour later. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

January 20, 2015