Showing off plans for three year long stadium redevelopment
Chelsea Football Club is holding a public exhibition to show off its current proposals for the expansion of its stadium.
The exhibition will take place over three days, on June 30, July 1 and 2, from noon till 8pm in Stamford Bridge's East Stand reception.
The club says members of the professional team behind the plans will be present on all three days to discuss proposals and answer questions from local residents and fans.
The plan, which includes a three year construction project costing up two half a million pounds, will involve demolishing the current stadium and rebuilding it with underground access roads, including a completed link to Fulham Broadway station.
It is also suggested the pitch may be lowered to below ground level to allow for an extra tier for spectators as the club looks for ways of increasing its capacity to 60,000 while remaining within its existing boundary.
However, it is also looking at building over the District line railway track at the north of the stadium.
If the plans received approval from H&F Council, Chelsea's players would have to move out for three seasons - possibly to Twickenham or Wembley.
The club has issued a statement with an update on it plans, saying: " A year ago a study of the area from Fulham Broadway to Stamford Bridge and beyond was commissioned by Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovich to examine the potential of upgrading the streetscape.
" The study also began to assess the feasibility of an expansion of the stadium capacity within the existing historical site boundary, based on the principles of improving site access, benefiting the neighbourhood and enhancing the spectator experience."
At this time last year, the club said it had asked local architects Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands for suggestions, which could include decking over the railway cuttings to the north and east which could allow the capacity of the stadium to be increased and could reduce congestion on Fulham Road during matchdays.
You can read more about the plans, and the response from Chelsea Pitch owners, the company which owns the freehold of the land on which Stamford Bridge is built, here.
June 17, 2015