Including dog show, car boot sale, kids' activities and fabulous food
All Saints Fulham is holding its annual Community Fete and dog show from 11am till 2pm at All Saints Church Hall, 70A Fulham High Street.
This year the fete will have a farmers’ market type feel and will include:
• sizzling hot dogs from the BBQ
• quiche & salad alongside tea/coffee & cold drinks
• from cupcakes to chutney, quiche to artisan loaves - tasty treats to take home at the Home Produce stall
• (kids only!) a good old fashioned sweetie stall
• a ‘Pre-Loved Boutique’ with a range of scarves, jewellery and accessories
• the not-to-be missed car boot sale offering a wealth of unique items
• kids' kit - a fabulous array of party dresses, outdoor clothes and dressing up gear plus of course toys and books galore
• from Puppy Love to Waggiest tail and Golden Oldie there will be a class for every kind of dog. The Parks Police and Dogs Trust will be on hand to provide advice
• kids' activity room – nails, tattoos, lucky dip, looming as well as outdoor games
Besides raising funds for work with children at All Saints, proceeds from the Fete will support:
• The Brunswick Club for Young People - a fully purpose built youth centre, offering educational and leisure facilities for boys and girls aged from 8-18 years. Their aim is to provide a safe, friendly environment in which young people can develop their physical, creative, mental, and social skills through their leisure time activities.
• The Honeypot Children's Charity which works to enhance the lives of vulnerable children and young carers aged 5-12 years by providing respite breaks and on-going outreach support. They give young carers a break from demanding and stressful responsibilities at home and provide a safe, nurturing environment where children at risk can develop their full potential. This includes an annual holiday at Honeypot House, regular playdates on the Honeypot party bus and birthday cards and presents.
All Saints Church Father Joe Hawes says: "Home made produce, glamorous accessories, delicious lunches, the best looking dogs in Fulham and the chance to keep our local community strong and welcoming; what's not to like about our Community fete? See you there!"
There is a £1 entry fee for adults.
September 11, 2014